Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Are Subaffiliate Programs?
What Are Subaffiliate Programs?

In affiliate marketing, there are two common uses for “sub-affiliate.”

Subaffiliate networks, which are basically middlemen between affiliates and affiliate programs, The sub-affiliate network is the main affiliate and recruits sub-affiliates.
Subaffiliate programs are affiliate programs that allow affiliates to earn commissions from referring other affiliates. Any program with a two-tier affiliate structure is technically a subaffiliate program. “Two-tier” and “subaffiliate” are often used interchangeably.

Two-Tier Affiliate Structure

Affiliate programs with a subaffiliate structure allow affiliates to earn additional commissions (often recurring) when their referrals earn commissions.

[Image: Referral_Marketing.jpg]
In general, a two-tier structure includes a hefty commission fee on tier 1 referrals and a smaller fee structure on second tier earnings.

Let’s look at an example.

Say an affiliate program pays 35% on tier 1 sales and 5% on second-tier sales.

You refer $1,000/month in first tier sales. You earn $350 on that.

Your 20 subaffiliates bring in a combined $6,000/month in sales. You earn $300.

You can see how a combination of one- and two-tier affiliate commissions can really add up quickly.

Who Can Refer Subaffiliates?

For most of the programs in this subaffiliate program directory, any approved affiliate can refer subaffiliates and earn 2nd tier commissions.

How do I get Sub-Affiliates to signup under me?

You usually affiliate referral link. When someone registers through your link, they’re tied to your account as a subaffiliate, and you earn a cut of their commissions.

As far as actually encouraging affiliates to sign up with your referral link, there are quite a few options.

The people who are likely to earn the most on two-tier affiliate commissions are coaches and trainers who teach affiliate marketing. This group can encourage their students to sign up for their preferred affiliate programs and earn based on their success.
Gabriel
Technical Analyst I
WHMCS Services